Could snoring be a health concern for you or your partner? Take the snore test to find out!
Answer "true" or "false" for each question and keep track of your answers.
1. People tell me I snore during sleep.
2. My bedpartner has complained about my snoring.
3. My snoring disturbs people in the next room.
4. My snoring has gotten worse over the last few years.
5. I snore no matter what position I sleep in.
6. I only snore on my back.
7. People tell me I sometimes stop breathing between snores.
8. Sometimes I wake up from sleep gasping for air.
9. I snore at night and am sleepy during the day.
10. I snore at night and have high blood pressure.
Evaluate your Snore Score:
If you answered "true" to questions 1-4, your snoring probably interferes with your personal life.
If you answered "true" to question 6, you may be a positional snorer. You may benefit from sleeping on your side.
If you answered "true" to questions 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, or 10, there is a good chance you may have sleep apnea. If so, click on the American Academy of Sleep Medicine to locate a sleep center near you and make an appointment as soon as possible. Sleep apnea is a serious medical condition which can be life-threatening.
To learn more about sleep apnea, read more in the Snoring & Sleep Apnea section of this website.
This snore test is not intended to substitute for a medical evaluation by your physician.